Monday, March 14, 2011

A list


First of all, I'd like you to take a look at that picture. Drink it in. Relish it. Now here's a couple things I'd like you to take away from that photo, besides the fact that those papers are pockmarked with Alvin "drafting dots" like pimples on the nose of a 17-year-old boy*:

A. That there, my friend, is 14 Chapel comic strips, drawn by moi. That's right, 14.  Which means that...

B. Whoop! I'm halfway there to my shining end goal of 28 STRIPS. Which means a glorious, bound-up comic book complete with beautiful bonus sketches and insightful, witty behind-the-scenes commentary is only a few penstrokes away.

C. And never mind that I have to totally redraw some of the ones in that picture and still produce 14 more to boot! Let me have my fantasy!

D. Also please note I spent maybe 30 minutes getting each one all paperclipped and taped and labeled with its own little orange Post-It and arranged in order corresponding to both its week theme AND its reading order within that theme. And then I took an additional 15 minutes arranging them in a magnificent, awe-inspiring, masterful fan-crescent-shape thing.

E. This list probably tells you more about me than you will ever need to know.


By the way, I'll post a whole buncha sketches on Wednesday! Feel free to sit on the edge of your seat and wait in anticipation for the next two days. Spoiler alert: It may feature someone called "Chaperu-chan."

*Just sayin', but that should so be their tagline. "Alvin Drafting Dots: We make your pages look like they've just walked out of a 7-11 wearing a hoodie and jokin' around with 'the dudes.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment