Monday, June 13, 2011

Bloggity time

Soooo I'm just now back from Spain and New York and everything and my life has been HECTIC and I've been meaning to get around to blogging for a while but now I think I finally can. Things have been crazy ever since MoCCA in April. I've given up all hope of doing a wrap-up post on MoCCA, but I'll do one of my New York Carnegie Hall trip now.

I was in NY to attend the Scholastic Awards ceremony at Carnegie Hall for winning the National Gold Medal in Comic Art. Here's me outside Carnegie Hall (in borrowed finery) along with my medal!


Kids, take note: This is the slightly awkward posture a nerd cartoonist adopts when forced out of her usual T-shirt and cutoffs into FANCY MOM CLOTHES.

That night the Empire State Building was lit in gold in honor of the Awards! Also, when in the elevators in the Empire State Building, it's best to act weird and provide the security camera guys with a little entertainment.



Then the next day, we got some VERY good news: My winning comic "Jam Days" also got featured as part of ART.WRITE.NOW, an exhibit of selected winning work at the World Financial Center. Go check it out if you live in Manhattan! (An audio greeting I recorded also got picked as part of a cell phone tour!)

Flippedy-doodle hair and sweaty sheen courtesy of our sponsor, 3.5 Hour Scavenger Hunt Walking Around Manhattan In 90 Degree Heat. Just look at the pretty comic, okay?

More NY pictures here and here.

Welllll, that's just about it for now. I'll put up an art update within the next couple of days, which will involve: Brand-new Chapel cards! Spain sketches! Free doughnuts! And much, much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment