Friday, June 17, 2011

Let's frolic in the poppies and draw up a storm

Art update! And quite a lengthy one, as I've been painting a lot recently! I wanted to finish up a few new Chapel card designs before I go away to summer camp this Sunday, so here's a sneak peek at my latest 4 designs. I'll give you a heads-up once they're for sale. The last two are based on my Distraction Sketches from a while back.

From left: Spring Sympathy, Wish You Were Here, Regency Chapel Note Card & Pharaoh Chapel Note Card

Aaaaand, completely separate from Chapel, when I went away for my two-week class trip to Spain, I did a few little sketch paintings. Here's my four favorite ones:




 I drew these during the 13+ hours of transit between Madrid and San Fran. The one on the right is inspired by this song, and the one on the left by this one.



















Above, an unfinished 5 minute painting of siesta time in Madrid, and on the left, a portrait of my homestay buddy, Rosa.


Apologies that I couldn't edit these on the computer to optimize how they show up on the web - I don't have Photoshop on my new computer* yet and I'm left editing with Preview. Preview, I tell you! That's even worse than MS Paint -- all you can do is crop and rotate. There's not even an eraser tool! It's like living in the Dark Ages.

*In happier news, I got a new computer! An 8 gig MacBook Pro! As a graduation present!  Yet further evidence that my parents are The Coolest People on Earth!



No comments:

Post a Comment