Saturday, July 30, 2011

Welcome to the land of drawing improvement, grasshopper!


So maybe a month ago I started getting really frustrated at my art style. It seemed really stiff, not as expressive as I wanted it, all these things. I would sit down just to do a doodle and before long my thoughts would turn to: BOO HOO WHY CAN’T I DRAW WELL WOE IS ME MUST JOURNEY TO THE ANCIENT CHINESE MOUNTAINS ON PATH OF SELF-IMPROVEMENT AND INNER ZEN.


This picture and the one above are doodles of my character Poppy Fairfax in a new, more expressive style.

Luckily, lately I feel like I’ve been gaining a lot of headway towards improving my art style! I’ve been experimenting a TON with digital coloring and have gotten WAY better, and I’ve also re-taught myself how to draw more expressive faces. I’m also getting better at making hair less static., and body positions that would’ve taken me AGES just a week or two ago are suddenly a lot easier! I'm one step closer to attaining DRAWING NIRVANA!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, em! although personally i think your art style has always been very expressive!

    ReplyDelete