Thursday, November 29, 2012

Posting again!!

Hello! I had stopped using this blog for a while, mostly because I didn't feel very comfortable writing in the blog format. After a year of writing mini-blogposts for the commentary on my webcomic "The Chapel Chronicles," I decided it was time to return to blogging! While the commentary on my comics serves as a "behind-the-scenes" look on just the comic itself, this blog will be sort of a behind-the-scenes on my life (and art) in general.

As you read this, I'm working on tomorrow's Chapel comic! Here's my top-secret notebook of thumbnails (which are like miniature little "first drafts" of comic strips) for this last arc of The Chapel Chronicles' Season Three. I've had to blur out the text on the thumbnails because -- as Doctor Who's River Song might say -- SPOILERS!

Also note the life drawing which I somehow turned into a VERY DRAMATIC drawing of Hamlet...don't ask me why!
On another note, here's a music video for the song "Cameo Lover" by Kimbra, who I've only just started listening to. The aesthetics in this video are REALLY fantastic -- in particular, the color palette of bright reds and weird pastels is intensely pleasing to me for some reason, and I would kill for her swishy 50s-style dress (minus the weird pom-pom sleeves).

Until next week, thank you for reading this li'l blog of mine! Here's a picture of my dog to see you out, because who can resist adorable doggy photos? Nobody, that's who!

This is her "it's 9 am why haven't you taken me for my piddly morning walk yet" face.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I was spending time with my best friend and her mom's theater friends when I drew it back in June, so I think that may have influenced why I turned my normal life drawing into Hamlet. I kinda like it though!

      Delete